When tending to your family's health needs, consider dental care as a critical component in overall well-being.
Family members of all ages should take care of oral hygiene. Following these tips will help ensure that your family's teeth and gums stay healthy and problem-free:
- Start kids brushing early! With supervision, children as young as age two can brush their own teeth. They will watch you and follow your example.
- Have sealants applied by your child's dentist. These thin protective coatings for the back teeth will greatly reduce the likelihood of tooth decay and cavities.
- Ensure proper fluoride consumption/application. Strengthening tooth enamel with fluoride is the most effective way to prevent tooth decay. Ask your dentist if your family is getting enough in your dental routine.
- Brush your teeth with the right tool. Make sure each family member has the proper toothbrush. Teens with braces and older people may need specialized oral hygiene tools.
- See your dentist twice a year. To remove plaque build up and get important screenings for oral disease, it's critical to visit your dental professional regularly.
Contact us to schedule check-ups for all family members at our office today! (440) 871-7170